Get Ready for The Joint Commission
Meet Joint Commission, OIG, State Dept. of Health and other Regulatory Agency Requirements with our state of the art software system.
iRISecure is a tissue and implant tracking solution designed to enable hospitals to meet the ever-changing regulatory requirements from the Joint Commission, OIG, State Departments of Health and other regulatory agencies. The system will pay for itself with the inventory management efficiencies gained from implementing iRISecure.
JOINT COMMISSION-READY ELECTRONIC TISSUE LOG
As an area that is heavily regulated by The Joint Commission, the FDA and State Departments of Health, the processes used for the receipt, storage, and utilization of tissue products need to comply with requirements from these oversight bodies. Using advanced workflow automation and dispensing technologies, iRISecure Tissue Tracking delivers a solution that aligns with your compliance goals while remaining simple and user-friendly for nurses and other clinical staff.
iRISecure helps you get ready for your regulatory audits through:
- The provision of electronic compliance logs designed for regulatory agency inspections, including Joint Commission
- The storage and tracking of all hospital tissue: ambient, refrigerated and frozen
- The control and monitoring of access to high cost inventory items such as tissue, bone and related products
While tissue inventories may make up a small percent of the overall operating room inventory, they still can suffer from the same overstock and underutilization issues seen in the surgical suites. This allows iRISecure to return a positive ROI to hospitals and contribute the additional patient safety and regulatory benefits built into the system.
The following are actual benefits clients have experienced by implementing our systems:
- 20% increase in cash collections ($750,000) at an academic medical center
- 30% increase in charge capture accuracy ($5,600/case) at a pediatric hospital
- 12% ($230,000) reduction in on-hand inventory at an academic medical center within 12 months of go-live
- $250,000 reduction in annual costs associated with product expiration at a community hospital
- 30% reduction of staff time spent on administrative tasks
- Increased accuracy and efficiency in responding to a product recall at a pediatric hospital
IMPROVE CLINICAL DOCUMENTATION
With iRISecure, you can improve your clinical documentation and make sure your team is capturing all the tissues and implants used in each procedure. iRISecure has been proven to show an 18% improvement over a bar-code based capture system in a hospital setting. Even greater improvements can be expected over the manual systems that many hospitals still use.
Capturing all the items used in each case ensures that your hospital is receiving all the revenue it is owed for its work. With insurers scrutinizing and potentially penalizing any over-billings and under-billings, you must be sure to include only legitimate items in each patient bill. iRISecure RFID technology is a great way to automate your charge capture processes and ensure that your data is accurate and defensible.
ELIMINATE MANUAL DATA ENTRY
Imagine a day without button-clicks, drop-down menus, bar-codes and stickers. How much time and frustration would this save you while documenting items used in a case? iRISecure accomplishes this by using RFID technology to create hands-free data capture and integrating directly with your EMR. iRISecure also makes sure the data is more accurate and timely, leading to real ROI for your hospital.
Without any mouse clicks or keyboard entry, iRISecure can:
- Capture all item-level product tracking, including lot number, serial number, and expiration date
- Seamlessly send usage data to your EMR, billing and materials management systems
- Get your department Unique Device Identification (UDI) compliant by tracking the unique identifier of each device
OPTIMIZE INVENTORY CONTROL
Hospitals continue to be overrun with the same inventory management challenges that they have faced for decades. iRISecure can automate your inventory control practices and reduce the time you spend on administrative tasks. Our technology allows you to realize the following operational efficiencies and financial benefits:
- Set your PAR levels for maximum efficiency
- Real-time expiration alerts
- Optimize your owned/consigned mix
- Simplified product recalls with real-time search
SEAMLESS EMR AND HIS INTEGRATION
iRISecure integrates directly with your hospital’s EMR, materials management, billing and other information systems. This allows for the real-time, effortless documentation of your item usage without manual entry. Mobile Aspects will customize its interfaces to match your hospital’s systems and all data will sit behind your hospital’s firewall to ensure its security.
Some selected systems we’ve previously worked with:
- Cerner Millennium
- Cerner SurgiNet
- Hill-Rom NaviCare
- Infor / Lawson
- McKesson PMMS
- McKesson STAR
- Oracle / PeopleSoft
- Siemens/Cerner INVISION Financials
- Siemens/Cerner AXIOM Sensis
- Siemens/Cerner Soarian
- Sun Microsystems eGate